среда, 25 января 2012 г.

File-sharing troubles. What’s now?


Could you believe last week that most file-sharing services would be closed in 7 days? Personally I would never take this as a serious and reasonable prediction. SOPA and PIPA were dangerous preconditions; however nothing which could make file-sharing world turn upside down.

MegaUpload’s shutdown caused ‘Megapanic’. FileSonic and Fileserve were first to react. If you open those websites now, you’ll see that it is possible to download only those files which you uploaded yourself. All file-sharing activities are banned. Moreover, FileSonic didn’t give back last payoffs. All possible variants to get in touch with Hish are vain. Later it was said that Uploadstation also stopped its sharing options, however I’ve checked up it today and everything worked accurately. SOPA and PIPA had been already withdrawn, when FileSonic and Fileserve decided to finish their work, so the reason for their decision is rather obscure for me.

Leaving all those sorrow events behind, we should think about the future of file-sharing. I mean when there is a demand for something, supply will always appear. So, after those file-sharing services are closed, new ones will appear. New file-sharing giants could also emerge from the existing smaller variants. At one of the biggest forums – Digitalpoint, a few members offered Oron as a solution to problem of making money online. From my personal experince, I must say that payoff ratings of this service are low and the allowed size of the files for free uploading is also small (up to 400 MB, 5 files max), so more convenient variants must appear or maybe they already exist. I once wrote about FileTram as a prosperous file-sharing project and I still think so. High payoffs which are regularly paid, huge database of files for sharing – are the main advantages of this service.

To be sure about my predictions, I wrote to FileTram support service yesterday. They answered that they didn’t have any intentions to close the service and are going to work as well as it was before. Hope, everything will be as they promise. I have just assured my files to their service.

Stay safe,
Norman

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий